Divorce is a difficult time in anyone’s life. At Oriol Law Firm, in Covington, Louisiana, we are here to provide help when you need us most. Please use our Contact Us form for assistance with your family law issue. We serve clients in Mandeville, St. Tammany Parish and the surrounding areas.
For more information about family law issues, click on the following links:
- Divorce: We offer trusted legal advice and representation throughout the divorce process, helping our clients resolve family law issues such as asset and debt division, spousal support, child custody and child support.
- Division of property: Louisiana is a community property state, which means that property accumulated during your marriage will usually be divided 50-50. However, determining what is community property and what isn’t can be contentious.
- Spousal support: Spousal support may be an issue in your divorce, depending on how long you were married and whether there are income disparities between you and your spouse.
- Child custody, visitation and support: In Louisiana, courts presume that joint custody will be in the best interests of the child unless there are compelling reasons for one parent to have sole custody.
- Modifications to child support and custody: Child support and child custody can be changed after your divorce if there is a change in your circumstances. However, you will need court approval or you could be held in contempt.